The Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry of Ontario ("Registry") is adopting a phased implementation approach, starting with an initial group of employers who have entered into a partnership agreement with the Registry through a Memorandum of Understanding. Starting with a small group of employers will allow the Registry to test the quality of its IT platform, onboarding processes and overall functionality.Why partner with the PSW Registry?
The Registry provides registered employers with the ability to view anonymized personal information about all registrants to facilitate recruitment. Registered employers will receive one (1) secure login for the Employer Portal that can be used by a representative of Human Resources (or the equivalent department). Information that is available in this view include a registered PSW's:
- Languages spoken and written
- Institution of graduation from a PSW program
- Name of the PSW program
- Date of graduation from the PSW program
- Additional certifications where the following will be shown:
- Institution of graduation
- Program of graduation
- Date of graduation
- Employment history (if they have been employed) where the following will be shown:
- Position title
- Area of practice
- Start date
- End date
- Employment status
- Number of hours per week
- Working preference, including:
- If they are seeking potential employment
- The areas they would be interested in working
- The regions they would like to work within
- The number of hours per week they can work
Registered employers will be able to see a Unique Identifier for each PSW (note, this is not the same as the PSW's Registrant Number). If the employer is interested in a particular PSW on the Registry, they may contact the Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org with the PSW's Unique Identifier, the employer's contact name, the name of the organization, and their contact information including email and/or phone number. The Registry will inform the PSW that a registered employer is interested in speaking with them and will provide them with the organization's information.
Registered employers will also be provided with a list of registered PSWs who are employed by their organization.
If your organization wishes to become a partner of the Registry, please contact us at email@example.com.